Facebook Badge

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The 1st Of The 52!

Kara's comics for Comic book week September 7th, 2011, are all the new DC 52 #1 comix that I tried...........because no 1 else published last week right? ;)

Animal Man #1 (DC)
"I-I'm sorry, daddy. I just wanted a pet of my own."~Maxine Baker
(Jeff Lemire, Travel Foreman, Dan Green)

OMG! This was my favorite ish of the week! Very much true to Buddy Baker's.........Animal Man's natch!........Vertigo history with what is probably Travel Foreman's best art work to date & brought out indescribably by Dan Green! I will definitely be getting ish #2! & I hope that it requires as many !!!!! to review! ;)







Batwing #1 (DC)
"You are late for work."~Massacre
(Judd Winick, Ben Oliver)

This comic book is high on the list of those that are predicted to end 1st since it has a character just barely introduced before the restart who also happens to be a minority character based in Africa................& that would be sooooooooo unfair! The only ish close to Buddy Bakers' with fabulous art work! I will also definitely be buying ish #2!








Batgirl #1 (DC)
"...what have I done?"~Barbara Gordon / Batgirl
(Gail Simone ♥, Ardian Syaf, Vicente Cifuentes)

Ok...........so I feel bad saying that Batwing & Animal Man were the 2 best............Gail Simone's writing on Batgirl is perfect..........she soooooo clearly knows Barbara Gordon`s character! & Syaf & Cifuentes art work is fun & vibrant & the most traditional of the 3 comix that I have reviewed so far.............but in a very brilliant way!

But I miss Oracle. & the time line that Babs was Batgirl then Oracle then Batgirl again does not make sense!

Frustrated! :(

But back for ish #2! :)


Justice League International #1 (DC)
"This'll be over----before it's begun!"~Mari Jiwe McCabe / Vixen
(Dan Jurgens, Aaron Lopresti, Matt Ryan)

I hope this will not be over before it has begun! The current creators are soooooo close to capturing the fun glory of the Giffen, DeMatteis, Maguire Justice League! Great potential but I only have 2 concerns..........Michael..........Booster Gold natch!..........seems very much to be the character that he grew in to at the end of his own comic & even Bruce...........Batman natch!.............seems to remember Michael as the 'greatest hero that you have never heard of'...........but that can not fit in the new universe can it? `; ,

The 2nd is that Bruce seems too friendly! O,o

I will be back for ish #2!


Static Shock #1 (DC)
"He's dead."~Virule
(Scott McDaniel, John Rozum, Jonathan Glapion, LeBeau Underwood)

Fun! Lot's of fun! Virgil Hawkins........Static Shock natch!..........reminds me sooooooo much of Peter Parker as Spider-man! Actually all of this ish seems very much like Spider-man with a teen aged science nerd being chased around New York by police officers that do not trust him.............& even add in a mentor in a suit of armor.........Hardcase not Iron Man............like just before Marvel's Civil War!

Do not get me wrong! This was fun..........but very familiar........but maybe in a good way. `; ,

I might buy ish #2..........I will see next month.


Stormwatch #1 (DC)
"Interested?"~Midnighter
(Paul Cornell, Miguel Sepulveda)

Nice art work & interesting story. I think that this comic will probably be the 1 to reveal the mystery of the purple lady. But a lot of characters had to be introduced with in a small # of pages. I would like to buy ish #2 to see where the story is going to go but I could also see my my self forgetting & not being too bothered by it. :(









Action Comics #1 (DC)
"Stay in touch."~Lex Luthor
(Grant Morrison, Rags Morales, Rick Bryant)

As a stand alone ish this was very good..........I am a huge fan of Grant Morrison & Rags Morales & I ♥ed All Star Superman & Identity Crisis.............but this is not Kal-el. Superman is supposed to be better than all of us. Superman is not supposed to be edgy. Superman is supposed to be the boy scout that teen agers do not like until he flies in at the speed of light through a wall of fire carrying a wounded puppy & rescues them & flies off to beat up Godzilla after saying, "Eat your vegetables!" Superman is supposed to be a super man that all of us girls want to marry & all of you guys wish you could be like. :( .......but Kal swearing is fine! ;b

Maybe I will buy ish #2 but it does not seem very likely.


Detective Comics #1 (DC)
"Tonight we will both celebrate our rebirth."~Dollmaker
(Tony S. Daniel, Ryan Winn)

The only way that I can describe this ish is that it is like the new friendly Batman got dropped in to the life of the All Star Batman. The art work is kind of pretty though.

Sad that I ♥ed Scott Snyder's run that ended last month but I do not think that I will be buying ish #2. :'(








& that's all I wrote! Oh & I was only kidding about no 1 else publishing...........I did read the New Avengers Annual (Marvel) & iZombie (Vertigo / DC) & Incorruptible (Boom).

Bye! *mwah!* ツ*

No comments:

Post a Comment