Facebook Badge

Monday, April 18, 2011

ツ❀ Spring Spectacular! ❀ツ

Comic Book Week: April 13, 2010


Well! A big thank you is the call of the week! I had almost as many readers last week as I have had since I started this blog! You guys make me cry! *kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss!* ツ*

eew! maybs i should of put on a little more lip gloss! ;b

My problem is that my fav comic this week was also by the fabulous Gail Simone (♥!) & I do not want to look like I am intentionally trying to duplicate last week so I think it is time for another edition of "all the comix Kara read last week"!

Birds of Prey #11 (DC)
(Gail Simone & Pere Pérez)

"Which Reason Knows Not Of" is Huntress & Catman (:9)'s 1st date! Fabulous story by Gail Simone (♥!), best art work since Nicola Scott (♥!) left the title in its last series, fun moment between Di & Babs, & Catman's abs (♥!)! What more could a girl want? There is even a great twist ending to the story when it is all over! & look at that fabulous cover!

I feel a little bit bad only rating it at 9 ½ sunny days!!!!!! I want to give it a 10 sooooooo bad but I do not want to get my self stuck where I do not have any room to get better! :(

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁



Cinderella: Fables Are Forever #3 (Vertigo/DC)
(Chris Roberson & Shawn McManus, Fables created by Bill Willingham)

I have not ♥ed this mini series as much as the 1st but i still wait every month for it with anticipation..........007 with cute shoes! This is ish 3 pitting Cinderella..........Cindy to her friends ;)...........against Dorothy from the "Wizard of Oz". It is soooooooooo much fun! & you do not have to be a fan of the main Fables comix to enjoy the story. It is very self explanatory...........all you need to know is Cinderella from the fairie tales is now a spy in the 'real' world working for other story book characters. & just like the last mini series the art work is very fairie talish to make it feel like a bed time story! A high rating of 8 ½ sunny days!!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂


Batgirl #20 (DC)
(Bryan Q. Miller & Ramon Bachs, Batman created by Bob Kane)

"Batgirl: The Lesson-Tunnel Vision" is the fun 2nd part of a 2 part story where Batgirl Stephanie Brown learns to go on her own with out the help of Oracle Barbara Gordon. She gets help from younger Oracle called Proxy & has lots of new stuff that Bruce Wayne bought for her for Batman Inc. But she has to face a secretie shadowie group & a super fast bad guy......why was she never this cool when she was the Spoiler or Robin!!!!???? Mr. Miller & Mr. Bachs are making me like Steph more than Kara! (Supergirl natch! 8( ) 8 ½ sunny days!!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂


Booster Gold #43 (DC)
(Keith Giffen & J.M. DeMatteis, Chris Batista & Rich Perrotta, Booster Gold created by Dan Jurgens)

"Endgame" is the last issue by the gentle men listed above who should be thanked for the fabulous job that they have done. Booster has be come the greatest hero you have never heard of. This ish wraps up a lot of the dangling story lines & ends with a trip to the future to visit the Legion of Super Heroes. Booster is always fun & good looking & my only problem with the end is it was almost too fast in ending his 'chronal leprosy' that he caught from himself as the Perforated Man........great name btw! 7 sunny days!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂ ☂


Justice League Generation Lost #23 (DC)
(Judd Winick & Fernando Dagnino & Raul Fernandez)

"Caught" is the 2nd to last in the series & i will be very interested to see how the story of Maxwell Lord ends. I am a big fan of this version of the Justice League but it is not quite the same with Judd Winick writing it as with Mr. Giffen & Mr. DeMatteis. I think that Mr. Winick is very good writing his own characters or little seen characters but he seems to give well known characters different personalities as in here with Ice whom I ♥! But the change is actually part of the story & Rocket Red is too great here to be angry! This book has been good not great. I hope the team can get a new series at the end though! 6 sunny days!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂


To be honest I have to say that I also read 2 comix from Marvel this week but I was too disappointed & did not want to put them on the list & make you all think that I am playing favorites. I will not say what they are since 1 of the 2 is normally a fav but this month was just off. :(

As always u guys r 2 cool! ツ*

No comments:

Post a Comment