Facebook Badge

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kara's New 52!

Hay! So I hit my 52nd blog post a little bit ahead of DC issuing their new 52...........& I had considered missing a few weeks to line the 2 events up when I read Kara's comic..............Comic book week: August 10th, 2011.............. this week & knew that I could not avoid writing a review of it! Soooooo..............to get the 5 & the 2 & make this special..............2 not DC books & 5 DC books this week!

OMG! I could not read 52 comix in 1 week! 80

#7

Birds of Prey #15 (DC)
(Andreyko, Tucci, Melo, Mayer, Ferreira)

"War and Remembrance Part Two"

All of the regular creators on this comic said good bye 2 ishes ago & this story is no more than a fill in but it is a great fill in! Andreyko adds Manhunter & Phantom Lady to the normal cast & Tucci............although cheesecakie...............is a fabulous artist!

Not really any reason to recommend buying the next ish but the story of the last ish & this 1 are definitelt worth the tpb............trade paper back natch ;)!

RATING: 9 ½ Stephs Out of 10!!!!


#6

The New Avengers #15 (Marvel)
(Bendis, Deodato, Beredo)

Every time that I see Squirrel Girl it is like the writer is trying to take a character that should be completely absurd & trying to make her seem serious............Brian Michael Bendis actually manages to succeed!

This story is all about Squirrel Girl..........Doreen Green. She talks to squirrels & she is nanny to Jessica Jones & Luke Cage`s daughter. This ish is all about her in the middle of the war that is Fear Itself & she may be 1 of my new fav characters!

But Spidey`s new white costume is XP!



RATING: 7 Stephs out of 10!!!!

#5

Batman and Robin #26 (DC)
(David Hine, Greg Tocchini, Andrei Bressan)

"Earthly Delights~Scenes From A Work In Progress"

Until I began to write this I thought Grant Morrison wrote this ish. If you like Grant then you will like this story...........if you do not like Grant then you will not like this ish!

It is creepy & disturbing & the final panel will haunt you for ever! I ♥ed it!


RATING: 7 Stephs out of 10!!!!


#4

Fear Itself #5 (Marvel)
(Fraction, Immonen, Von Grawbadger, Martin)

"Brawl"

I explained previously why I did not like the 4th ish of this series. But I also explained that up to the point that ruined it for me it was not that bad..............& so ish #5 redeems "Fear Itself" for me. This is not as good as "Crisis On Infinite Earths" & while I do not know how the story will end I do not fore see many huge surprises in the next 2 books............but it is far better than Marvel's last several cross overs in that it is not trying to be any thing more than what it is............a big fight.

RATING: 7 Stephs out of 10!!!!

#3

American Vampire~Survival of the Fittest #3 (Vertigo/DC)
(Scott Snyder, Sean Murphy)

"Survival of the Fittest Part 3"

This is not really DC & it will still be around a month from now but it must be appreciated because this is why comix exist! Scott Snyder appears to know why sequential art exists & why it is not a novel or a movie. Like an arc from the main series that it is developed from, this story could easily have fit in with that series but more can only be better for American Vampire!

RATING: 8 ½ Stephs Out of 10!!!!!

#2

Detective Comics #881 (DC)
(Scott Snyder, Francesco Francavilla)

"the face in the glass"

My bf told me that his friend & coworker wanted him to read the Flashpoint Batman series.............that on message boards there were discussions that Thomas Wayne should be made the new Batman in the new 52............this issue explains who Dick Grayson is................why he is not Bruce Wayne.................why he may not be the force of nature that Bruce is but why he is perhaps the most heroic of all the characters in all the DC universe.................& creates maybe the most terrifying villain that DC has ever had!

RATING: 9 Stephs out of 10!!!!!!


#1

Batgirl #24 (DC)
(Brian Q. Miller, Pere Perez)

"Unsinkable"

Batgirl #24 is the most perfect good bye story ever written........end it now............I do not want any more!

 Babs tremendously! I dearly hope that some day she & Dick get to have their moment together & Babs rolls...........or walks..............down the aisle & the 2 share that moment that makes me break into tears!

I hope that Cassandra Cain never goes away & continues to be the female that can beat every other fighter in the DC universe.........without so much as a flinch!

I hope that Katherine Kaine fights as Batwoman & stays true to her self & shines at the front of a new generation of DC heroes!

Steph Brown as of this issue is now & for ever more my Batgirl.........
why dc! why introduce the possibility of yyoung justice &
throw all chances out the window? :'(
Miller & Perez say good bye to Steph & in the process show us all that might have been.............this ish was intended to tell us all that things may change but nothing can make us for get what came before.................but in the process of doing so I feels like we are losing a friend............a human being.............& a hero!

Goodbye, Steph! Thank-you for 2 years of pure joy! :')

steph is my new hero! not heroine........hero! :')
RATING: 9 ½ Stephs Out of 10!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment