Facebook Badge

Monday, August 2, 2010

ツ ☼ My Summer Vacation! ☼ ツ

Comic Book Week: July 28, 2010

Hi, everyone! This week I'm trying to do a little chilling, but I did not want to do what I did last time & end up not posting for a whole bunch of months! :-( So I'm going to try something new & run through all the comix I read (& loved! ツ) last week, but keep the reviews short............here goes!



American Vampire #5 (Vertigo/DC)
(Scott Snyder, Rafael Albequerque, and Stephen King)

I am LOVING this series! The art is dark and moody and romantic and gorgeous! The story is split in two, one half told in the old west and one half told in the 1920s; both halves are intimate and luscious and scary! OMG I really love this book! If your are not reading this book I envy you because you can pick up the trade and enjoy it for the first time. It is really that good. But if you may be turned off by the vampire thing, please keep reading.......this book will grow on you! If you like noir, westerns, 20's fashions, mystery, a little bit of romance, or even a little bit of violence something in this comic will grab you.

Now.....how am I going to do the ratings? How about 9 ½ sunny days (with a little cloud for the ½ ツ)............!!!!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁


Thor: The Mighty Avenger #2 (Marvel)
(Roger Langridge, Chris Samnee, and Matt Wilson)

I wish all of Marvel's titles could be this good! This is an out of continuity tale of Thor (the norse god of thunder if you don't know!)......at least I hope it is. Thor in this book has no past Marvel history and there may or may not be other Marvel characters in this universe (besides, you know, those that show up to interact with Thor, like a museum curator Jane Foster and a Mr. Hyde that nobody really recognizes), and I hope they keep it that way. The art and story feel like a nice little fairy tale and I'm loving it! ❤

8 sunny days!!!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂




The Return of Bruce Wayne #4 of 6 (DC)
(Grant Morrison, Georges Jeanty, and Walden Wong)

To be honest this mini series started off confusing me. But with each issue the stories seem to be getting more "complete" while making more sense in the story of how Bruce Wayne (Batman) is coming back (he died........didn't you hear! ツ). Grant Morrison is too smart for his own good but if you hang on for dear life he will always bring his stories home. He is amazing! And the artwork is so delicious! And I'm not even a western fan! And I read 2 westerns this week! WTH!

7 ½ sunny days!!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂ ☂




Jack of Fables #46 (Vertigo/DC)
(Bill Willingham, Matthew Sturges, Tony Akins, and Andrew Pepoy)

I have every issue of this series so far. It is consistently fun. The art is consistently clean and clear. And even though the story seems to be diluting with 2 different Jack of Fables, and I'm not a huge fan of the Page Sisters (the 3 ladies on the cover), and even though he's cute ( ツ❤) the Babe the Blue Ox stories have started to run their course, but this comic still deserves a review. In fact it deserves a good review! If you read it, you will like it!

7 sunny days!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂ ☂





The Flash #4 (DC)
(Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul)

I miss Wally West ( ☹ ). I miss Linda Park-West (OMG! I never got that joke till I just wrote it! :-P ). I don't miss their kids that much but..........

I am liking the new Barry Allen! The CSI feel is obvious but it works! And who knew Iris Allen-West could be such a great character? They seem to be trying to make her a bit Lois Lane-ish, but distinct enough that you won't mind. The artwork is nice, maybe a little bit gritty for a fun character like the Flash but the current story is about a murder after all.

7 sunny days!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂ ☂


[The All-New] Wonder Woman #601 (DC)
(J. Michael Straczynski, Don Kramer, and Michael Babinski)

This is the first official issue with the new creative team, the new costume, and the new history. It's okay. I might even buy it next month too. I like the art, I can live with the costume (for now! ~:-( ), and there is nothing wrong with the story. It just feels like they broke Wonder Woman to put her back together but they did not make her any better........just different. (And I think I might like Diana's new costume better if her top was the same as her old top........that thin little accent along her neckline just is not doing it for me.)

6 sunny days.
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂




Hugs & kisses until next week! (I hope! ヅ )
♥ Kara ♥ xoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment