Facebook Badge

Monday, May 30, 2011

ツ♥ The Best Comic Book Week Ever! ♥ツ

Hi! So this week I have a bone to pick with Mister Scott Snyder! After 3 months reviewing his comix every month I did not want to review them again......................but "Detective Comics" was just soooooooo good again! But there were soooooooo many other good comix that for Comic Book Week May 25th, 2011 you all get Kara's quick reviews! & look how close together the scores are!..................except for 1. :(

Detective Comics #877 (DC)
(Scott Snyder & Jock, Batman created by Bob Kane)

Mister Snyder & Mister Jock! You have done the impossible! You have made me ♥ Richard Grayson even more than I did before! "Hungry City, Part Two of Three" has beautiful art work.........look at the cover!..........& I could not put the story down! omg! omg! omg! what do I have to tell you to go read this!!!!!!!???????
9 ½ sunny days!!!!!!!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ 

American Vampire #15 (Vertigo/DC)
(Scott Snyder & Rafael Albuquerque, American Vampire created by Scott Snyder & Rafael Albuquerque)

I should just say read the 1st review & put Albuquerque where I said Jock! "Ghost War, Part 3" is almost as good but it does not have Dick. :'( lol!
What it does have is a fabulous woman in the lead role in Pearl Jones & more raw art work............♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ it!
9 sunny days!!!!!!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ 


Incorruptible #18 (Boom!)
(Mark Waid & Marcio Takara, Incorruptible created by Mark Waid)

"Incorruptible" is Mark Waid's mirror image to "Irredeemable" where 1 of the world's worst villains becomes a hero.............scared for the world when the world's greatest hero becomes the worst villain in the "Irredeemable" comic. I have read both of these comix & this is my fav of the 2. Max Damage is a really unique character. The hero Plutonian becoming a villain is easy to see...........it is Superman going bad with power. But Max Damage is different............he decides to become good because of some sort of fear or balance & no one really knows what he might do next! & the fabulous supporting characters just add to the mysteries!
9 sunny days!!!!!!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼  ☂

Kill Shakespeare #11 (IDW)
(Conor McCreery & Anthony Del Col, Andy Belanger)

"Once More Unto The Breach" is the 2nd to last chapter in the "Kill Shakespeare" series where William Shakespeare becomes a character in all of his own plays & some of his characters want to kill him & some want to save him...........this is just a really interesting story with fun art work & fun ideas! If Shakespeare in high school were like this I could have totally followed it sooooo much more easily! When this is made in to a trade paper back I really recommend you buy it!
8 ½ sunny days!!!!!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂




Alpha Flight #0.1 (Marvel)
(Greg Pak & Fred Van Lente, Ben Oliver & Dan Green & Frank Martin)

Canada's greatest heroes are back! Beautiful art work & an interesting but brief story are found in this Marvel 0.1 event-ish comic. It is really meant to set up the new series coming up shortly & does not really tell a fulfilling story but for a comic that I did not really have high hopes for I will be reading the new issue #1. I just hope they bring back Puck! He was always my fav sexy lil elf! ;)
But where this story does fall down is I am confused how the characters are all alive! They have all died from different causes & now they all come back with out explanation! Oh & Alpha Flight always makes me *giggle!* since with 8 characters there are only 4 & a half costumes!
8 sunny days!!!!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂


The Walking Dead Weekly #21 (Skybound/Image)
(Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard & Cliff Rathburn, Walking Dead created by Robert Kirkman)

I said it was a big week! A comic by Robert Kirkman fell all the way down here on the list! But the art work is not really as strong as when the series started & it is getting a bit the same from week to week......but I will keep reading it. The writing is why you should read it. But I will say that for me a noticed the sameness problem when I read 1 of the later issues......the weekly re prints the monthly that is much farther along......& did not notice that it was not the next chapter of the story. O,o
7 ½ sunny days!!!
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂ ☂

Action Comics #901 (DC)
(Paul Cornell, Kenneth Rocafort & Jesus Merino, Superman created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Doomsday created by Brett Breeding & Jerry Ordway & Louise Simonson & Roger Stern & Dan Jurgens)

I read this comic because of the fabulous Lex Luthor stories that were in the comix leading up to "Action Comics #900" & because Supergirl is in it. The cover is pretty but I did not ♥ the art work in side.........it is kindof stiff..........& the story is a little bit boring. But may be it is because the other comix this week were sooooooo good. I do not think this 1 was bad just a little bit blah! :(
5 sunny days.
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂


As always u guys r 2 cool! ツ*

No comments:

Post a Comment